31st July: Back with a bang
Sell or accelerate – what’s your choice?
A two-strand event for business owners who have made an ambitious decision
This event is in two parts running back to back, each lasting 1.5 hours. Pick your stream – Sell or Accelerate:
- 9-10.30am: How to ready your company for a fast sale at max value with Chris Averill, who sold We Are Experience to Globant and has literally written the book on how to sell your agency.
- 10.45-12.15: How to accelerate fast using the 2Y3X Roadmap system with speakers from both client-side and 2Y3X.
Each event costs £50+VAT.
Both streams are specifically relevant to founders, CEOs, MDs and COOs of companies with at least 20 staff. This is an incredibly valuable event for leaders and those concerned with accelerating out of the current crisis at speed, driving up company value and exiting at a premium sale price.
“Everything was broken down masterfully into manageable sections by experts who had clearly done it all before and made that expertise incredibly accessible to all attending. I left with more ideas and strategies to try than I have in four years of running my agency. I would recommend it to anyone!”
Ben Askins, Managing Director, Verb Brands
Speakers with direct experience and expertise
The speakers will discuss immediate, practical steps to achieving your goals. All of them have founded, led and sold their own businesses. This is a must-attend event for owners who are determined to maximise the value of their company, build a fanatical team, and meet the future head on.
- Felix Velarde is a serial founder and entrepreneur who been CEO of six companies and an agency group. He now leads 2Y3X and has worked with more that thirty companies to accelerate their growth.
- BIMA committee member Chris Averill founded We Are Experience in 2003, selling it to Globant, a global digital transformation group, in 2016. He then became Globant’s Head of Consulting, leaving in 2018. Since then he has been an advisor at the University of Westminster and a partner at Northford Capital. Chris has been busy writing a manual for owners who want to sell – discussing the highs and lows, perils, preparation and potential pitfalls so that owners can take the right decision before making a life-changing sale.
- Our third speaker, to be announced shortly, has been part of a successful Growth Lab team client-side, and has direct experience of seeing the 2Y3X Roadmap process in action. They will discuss how it works, the things you need to know, and the best approach to achieve the desired outcomes.
Back with a bang part 1: Sell
- Chris Averill will discuss his experience of selling We Are Experience (WAE), including the differences between expectations and reality, how to prepare the company for acquisition, and how to get the best out of the deal when you sell your company.
- Felix Velarde will talk about the seven critical discount factors the buyers will look for and how to prepare your company to get the maximum possible price.
Back with a bang part 2: Accelerate
- Felix will demonstrate the 2Y3X Programme framework and show you how you can use it to double revenue in two years flat.
- The second speaker (to be announced this week) will talk about their experience of being on the team that’s been brought together around a strategic plan. She will discuss the practicalities from the client’s side of how to get a team buy into the roadmap and deliver it to the highest standards.